Paul Geaney's Bar Dingle Sport Blog
September 2019 SPORT LINE UP
Some nutrition tips for our many visitors who will take part in this year's Dingle Marathon from Sports Nutritionist Kevin Beasley of metabolise.ie
Good luck to everyone!
September LIVE sport
GAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
All roads lead to Croker (again!).... What a thriller at the start of the month! Back to headquarters though on September 14th to do it all again....
Up the Kingdom!
One piece of silverware each for Liverpool & Man City in the UEFA Super Cupand the Community Shield respectively....
Liverpool looking good and off to a flyer! What are the chances of going one place better than last season..... Along with Man City & Leicester City, they remain unbeatten, but unlike their chasers, they have yet to drop a point!
Newly-promoted Aston Villa and Norwich City are struggling with the pace of top flight football already. However, Sheffield United and Kerry Legend John Egan’s son, John, are holding their own mid-table.
John Egan, Sheffield United
Photo source: Twitter.com @johnegan92.
All Kerry eyes will be on their clash with Liverpool on the 28th September.
RUGBY WORLD CUP
One final warm up game for Ireland against Wales before they head for Japan. The tournament gets underway on Friday 27th September with the hosts Japan taking on Russia. Ireland's first game on Sunday 22nd September is against Scotland.
Predictions? New Zealand's to lose, France dark horses and a semi-final spot for Ireland..... What do you think?
Because of the time difference, the games will have already started before we open, but we'll have all the LIVE action from 12pm....
Call in for a drink, a bite to eat and another cracking month of sport!
GAA Football Championship
FINAL - REPLAY
- Dublin v Kerry Saturday, 14th September, 6pm
Summer Rugby Series 2019
- Ireland v Wales Saturday, 7th September, 2pm
The Rugby World Cup
- Ireland v Scotland Sunday 22nd, September, 8.45am
- Japan v Ireland Saturday 28th, September, 8.15am
On our screens from 12pm
- Japan v Russia Friday, 20th September, 11.45am
- New Zealand v South Africa Saturday, 21st September, 10.45am
- England v Tonga Sunday, 22nd September, 11.15am
- Wales v Georgia Monday, 23rd September, 11.15am
- Russia v Samoa Tuesday, 24th September, 11.15am
- England v USA Thursday, 26th September, 11.45am
- South Africa v Namibia Saturday, 28th September, 10.45am
Premier League 2019-20
- Liverpool v Newcastle Saturday, 14th September, 12.30pm
- Bournemouth v Everton Sunday, 15th September, 2pm
- Watford v Arsenal Sunday, 15th September, 4.30pm
- Aston Villa v West Ham Monday, 16th September, 8pm
- Southampton v Bournemouth Friday, 20th September, 8pm
- Leicester City v Spurs Saturday, 21st September, 12.30pm
- West Ham v Man UTD Sunday, 22nd September, 2pm
- Chelsea v Liverpool Sunday, 22nd September, 4.30pm
- Sheffield UTD v Liverpool Saturday, 28th September, 12.30pm
- Everton v Man City Saturday, 28th September, 5.30pm
- Leicester City v Newcastle UTD Sunday, 29th September, 4.30pm
- Man Utd v Arsenal Monday, 30th September, 8pm
Push yourself again and again. Don’t give an inch until the final buzzer sounds. - Larry Bird